Michigan Battery Equipment – Flint & Grand Rapids
Michigan Battery Equipment, Inc. (formerly known as Industrial Battery Equipment, Inc.) started into business in the Fall of 1972, and today has grown to become one of the largest battery and charger service organizations in the state of Michigan. Locations in Flint, Grand Rapids, Detroit. Headquartered in Flint, Michigan & a regional office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Michigan Battery Equipment, Inc is your complete battery wholesale & Retail Battery supplier and service center.
IF YOU NEED A BATTERY or SERVICE – WE CAN DELIVER USUALLY SAME DAY
Battery & Charger Sales & Services
- POWER BOSS BATTERIES & CHARGERS
- CROWN INDUSTRIAL BATTERIES
- DOUGLAS INDUSTRIAL BATTERIES
- Power factor CHARGERS
- COMPLETE LINE OF AUTOMOTIVE, TRUCK & BUS BATTERIES
- COMPLETE LINE OF MARINE & GOLF CART BATTERIES
- COMPLETE LINE OF EMERGENCY LIGHTING & ALARM BATTERIES
- COMPLETE LINE OF ALKALINE HOUSEHOLD BATTERIES
- COMPLETE LINE OF FLASHLIGHTS
- RN PORTABLE CHARGERS
- BATTERY AND CHARGER LEASE PROGRAMS
- BATTERY AND CHARGER MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS
- LARGE STOCK OF NEW & USED INDUSTRIAL BATTERIES & CHARGERS
- GEL BATTERIES FOR WHEELCHAIRS/AMIGOS, ETC.
- LESTER PORTABLE CHARGERS
u COMPLETE LINE OF HIGH FREQUENCY / OPPORTUNITY CHARGERS
Full Line of Parts & Accessories
- MOST BRANDS OF CHARGER PARTS
- BATTERY ACCESSORIES (CONNECTORS, CONTACTS, SHROUDS)
- SINGLE POINT WATERING SYSTEMS & WATER SUPPLY
- BATTERY CELL FILLERS
- BATTERY HANDLING EQUIPMENT
- SAFETY EYE WASH EQUIPMENT & SHOWERS
- ACID SPILL KITS/ACID ABSORBER/NEUTRALIZING WASH
- FULL LINE OF POWER CONNECTORS
Wash PM Program
HOW IT WORKS
The battery is removed form the forklift and placed in the portable washing station. It’s washed, neutralized, scrubbed and washed again. Our self-contained system holds fresh water in one tank and all the reusable water in two fifty-five-gallon tanks. Washing is accomplished using a low pressure, high volume sprayer and a 1500 psi high pressure wand. Multiple filters are used to capture lead and other particles in the wash water. An alkaline detergent solution balances the acidity of the waste water. Finally, we transport the equipment and the wash water away to be reused.
After the battery has been washed the technician performs the following inspections:
- Spot-check the water level in each cell to maintain proper level.
- Spot-check specific gravity of cells.
- Check voltage of each cell and make sure they are in balance.
- Check cables and connectors and general condition of battery.
A written report will be provided, including the following information for each battery: type of battery, manufacturer, serial number, age when available and condition of battery along with recommended service.
This service is provided at a fee of $75.00 per battery. Replacement of cables or connectors will be done with your approval at this time. The parts would be an additional charge but no additional labor if done at this time.
If you have any questions regarding our WASH & PM program, or would like to schedule us to come out, please give us a call at
Charger service – in shop
Every charger that comes into our service center received a full inspection and testing program. We write up a summary on the parts needed to put the charger back into proper working condition. We consult with the customer as to our recommendations and wait for approval. Once the approval is given, the charger is refurbished to like-new condition and returned to the customer.
Battery Service – In Shop
Each and every battery that comes into our service center received a full equalizing charge, acid adjustment, full discharge test for capacity, internal and external inspection. After all of the test records and reports are taken, we then consult with our customer as to the status of the battery and make our recommendations. Before the battery is repaired, we submit a breakdown of parts & labor and a copy
of the test records to the customer. We feel that all of these requirements must be met so that we can establish trust and good faith with our customers.
Complete Field Repair, Service & Equipment Evaluation
We offer complete battery and charger field service to our customers. We can provide battery and charger repairs in your plant to get your equipment up & running immediately. We also offer a complete inspection service and evaluation survey on batteries and chargers. We will evaluate your battery usage and condition of the equipment and supply the survey record in writing with our recommendations.
The evaluation and survey on chargers is much the same as batteries, but we also can make necessary adjustments and fine tune the charger. Our staff is trained to work on all brands of batteries and chargers. To back our service department’s operation, we have four highway trucks and three service vans.